We know that there are some people who, for whatever reason, can’t stomach the thought of going to the dentist. Heck, dentists are the brunt of anyone trying to describe an uncomfortable situation. You’ve heard them; maybe even said a few of them yourself.
- “It’s like pulling teeth to…”
- “I’d rather go through labor than go to the dentist!”
- “Some tortures are physical, some are mental. The one that’s both is dental.”
Perhaps you had a bad dental experience when you were young, or the sound of a drill makes you uneasy. If you are one of the “fearful” ones, we want to help you get the best dental care possible while alleviating your anxieties and getting you to a more comfortable and healthy place. But if you are looking to be sedated for your dental care, you won’t find that service offered at our practice, and here is why:
- When receiving dental care, the additional health risks that come with receiving oral or general sedation are, in our opinion, just not worth it. Why put yourself at a greater risk of complication when it’s not necessary. Today’s dental technology makes receiving dental care so much less stressful than any time in history.
- Our patients find the level of care and concern we give to each situation to be a huge help in alleviating fear and promoting calmness. We carefully and clearly explain the steps to be taken, and we take the time to be certain our patients are comfortable and worry-free.
- If you still need a little help to relax, we do offer Nitrous-Oxide (laughing gas) at no charge for most dental procedures.
- Being comfortable with the people who are working on your dental problem is essential to achieving low stress. Take a moment to read our patient reviews. Read for yourself how well we do at performing our jobs and putting everyone at ease.